Water & Wastewater Certifications
California Water and Wastewater Certifications Resources
Candidate Handbooks summarize qualifying criteria, test content areas, study references, and much more. All certificate applicants should be familiar with the candidate handbook for their vocation.
Handbooks Currently Available Online:
- Collection System Maintenance
- Plant Maintenance (includes Mechanical Technologist & Electrical/Instrumentation)
- Environmental Compliance Inspector
- Biosolids Land Application Management
- Laboratory Analyst
- Industrial Waste Treatment Plant Operator
- California Wastewater Operator Certification
- Drinking Water Treatment & Distribution Operators
The State Water Resources Control Board (State Water Board) has revised its regulations in chapter 26 of division 3 of title 23 of the California Code of Regulations, regarding wastewater treatment plant classification, operator certification, and contractor registration for the Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator Certification Program. The regulations are effective April 1, 2013.